Successful businesses are those that understand the need to not only generate a profit, but to also provide quality customer service to ensure customer satisfaction. Customer service representatives have the important role of creating a positive first impression for prospects and meeting the needs of existing clients. Businesses that focus on providing exceptional customer service stand apart from their competition. A recent survey indicates that consumers trust word-of-mouth experiences over advertising - making satisfied customers your number one advertising tool.
Raise the bar for your customer service representative by implementing the following strategies:
- Make it part of the culture- business owners and managers set the tone in the workplace. Make customer satisfaction a part of the company culture by encouraging and rewarding actions that improve customer satisfaction.
- Provide proper training- employees who have direct contact with potential or existing clients must be properly trained for their position, and have the knowledge necessary to answer questions and provide suggestions or solutions to problems. To ensure your clients always receive top notch service, supervisors should always be present to assist or support trainees. While most people are understanding and patient when dealing with a new employee, your clients should never feel their businesses are not important enough to warrant professional service.
- Understand the needs of your clients- in order to meet the needs of your clients, you must first determine what those needs are. As their Trusted Advisor and business partner, your clients rely on your expertise to help them figure out what they need to achieve their business goals. Be certain to conduct quarterly business reviews (QBRs) and talk to your clients and carefully listen to their responses to ensure everyone is on the same page and working toward the same goal.
- Empower employees to resolve issues- customer service representatives must have the ability and authority to address problems and offer solutions. This is one of the areas where proper training pays off. By trusting and empowering your employees to handle situations as they arise, your clients do not have to wait for a resolution. Problems that are solved quickly and efficiently can easily turn an unhappy client into a satisfied one.
- Exceed expectations- to set your company apart from the competition, find ways to not only meet the expectations of your clients, but to exceed them. This shows your clients that you appreciate their business and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure their satisfaction - which leaves a positive, lasting impression.
Exceptional customer service is provided by companies that genuinely understand the importance of customer satisfaction. As a result these companies retain current clients and gain positive word of mouth advertising. What message are you sending your clients?
MSP University helps Solution Providers succeed…period.