Your Website is the most critical component of your entire managed services marketing strategy. Your Website can lead to an abundance of well-qualified opportunities or burn a lead faster than lighting a match to kerosene.
Think of your Website as an “around the clock”, tireless Sales Professional that is constantly presenting all of your solutions to your prospects. Since your prospects have no idea what your service is like prior to doing business with you, the only impression they will have of your organization may be based solely upon their impression of your Website.
The true test of the effectiveness of your Website as a marketing tool is based on its ability to drive revenue by helping convert its visitors into your clients.
Your Website should be the nucleus of your outbound managed services marketing strategy. The call to action of any of your marketing campaigns should lead prospects back to a specific landing page on your Website that continues the marketing process.
Once a prospect lands on this page, there should be multiple options for them to let you know they’re interested in a particular service. Options should always include a way to reach you and request more information, as well as others, such as signing up for your newsletter or downloading a case study or white paper in exchange for their contact information.
If your Website lacks this functionality, then you are simply burning leads and leaving opportunities on the table. The following 5 tips detail critical components of an effective Website and the purpose each serves:
- Design – The design of your Website must be simple, easy to navigate and evoke an emotional response from prospects. Prospects must be able to relate to the images used and feel encouraged to explore your Website.
- Content – It should be very easy for your prospects to understand your company and its services, and content should be written to focus on the prospect, their pain and how you have solved this exact pain for your existing clients.
- Newsletters – Industry statistics tell us that you can expect a 2-3% increase to your annual gross revenue every year simply by sending out a monthly newsletter and holiday mailers to your existing clients. Keeping in mind that you should have an opt-in control for your newsletter on each page of your Website above the fold. This will help you build your marketing list.
- White Paper and Case Study Opt-In Function –This is instrumental in helping to convert Website visitors from suspects to prospects. Every single solution that your organization offers should have its own dedicated page on your Website, and a corresponding white paper and case study available for download in exchange for visitor contact information. The contact information submission form should be above the fold and very visible on each interior page. Remember to keep your phone number and a live chat link visible as well, in case a visitor prefers to call or chat online with one of your staff.
- PSA/CRM Integration – The purpose of integrating your PSA/CRM solution into your site for your clients to open service requests is to keep them coming back to it and receiving your marketing messages. The home page of your site should have a client login capability that is integrated into your PSA/CRM solution. Your existing clients should enter and submit trouble tickets and special service requests in this manner. Not only will this feature require clients to visit your website often, but it will also streamline your service delivery efforts.
These elements are the fundamentals of an effective revenue-generating Website. They provide a solid foundation that you can build on to improve its effectiveness. It’s important to understand that you should never stop investing in your Website, as it is your most cost-effective marketing tool.
Click for information on our Final IT Business Improvement and Transformation Boot Camps of 2012!